Friday, October 30, 2009

Peak Colors

(My attempt at creative photography-I put the camera on the tree trunk and shot the photo straight up...)

Here in Northwest Indiana, we had our peak colors of fall in the last two weeks. That is all over now, because it has been raining and the rain knocks all the leaves off the trees. I believe most people in the country don't think of Indiana as a beautiful state, if they think if Indiana at all...but actually it is really pretty here; and at different times of the year there are specific times where it is particularly striking. In the fall, people come from around the midwest to our state parks to see the colors at their peak.


That is one of the best times for horseback riding --in the fall at the peak of the colors. That is what I missed this season...but I do have some photos of scenes around where I live. Of course the pictures do not do it justice. We had a lot of golds and yellows this year. On my drive to work there are two spots I go through that I swear just glowed with the color.



So here we are, another fall season about gone......you know what comes next!! Snow!!!!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

We had an exceptionally colourful fall here in southern Ohio this year. Typically we are green until we are brown and down.. This year lots of yellows and a bit of red here and there.

And you said that bad bad evil word.. "snow"... NOT YET!

Paint Girl said...

Looks like Indiana is beautiful to me!! Love the colors!!

Desert Rose said...

I have to have not had as many rides as I would like this fall! Your leaves are terrific!!!

Callie said...

I love the autumn colors, nice photos!