Thursday, November 6, 2008

Trails of Otis

We are fortunate enough to have plenty of riding trails right where we live. We do not have to trailer our horses to take a nice ride. There is an abandoned railroad line that goes for about four miles south of us -- it leads to a park where there are riding trails. Also, the area to the north is mostly wooded with some really nice trails, and owned by other horse-friendly residents of Otis. So we can ride on neighbors' property as well.

We took the railroad line last weekend, and it was really great. The weather has been great for this time of year -- warm, but not too warm.....perfect for riding. It was one of those days when I felt completely comfortable in the saddle. Divna always seemed to have the right lead, and the ride was smooth. We were just in synch. Sometimes it happens like that, and when it does it is so enjoyable. Talk about the perfect stress-reliever! Nothing in the world exists except the ride -- the movement of the horse, the beauty of the outdoors, the freshness of the air, and that great feeling of being connected to nature. It is my favorite thing to do. Great for the mental health!

1 comment:

Rocking U Horse Ranch said...

It's like your telling my life.
I enjoy reading your post, but it’s like I am reading my own life with my horses. Thank you for sharing. MU