Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lawn Care -- The Natural Way...



I have not blogged in a while -- my time has been really jammed up with taking continuing ed courses so I can renew my real estate broker's license, and working on stuff for our annual church festival. I have been doing some fundraising for the event, and trying to sell raffle tickets (anybody want a less than 1 in 200 chance of winning $5K or $2K or $1K or $500 for $100??). I have a lot of catching up to do in the blog world.


Haven't ridden in the past couple of weeks, either. Hope to remedy that this Sunday. Our saddle club is having a horse show on Saturday, and we are getting a visit from a former neighbor, then out to dinner with friends. On Sunday we are having an Open House at a former rental home we have been trying to sell, so perhaps after the OpenHouse we can get a ride in -- I sure hope so...I miss it so much!!
Last week we had a warm, windy day, and the grass was getting tall, so we decided to give the animals a treat. We turned the goats loose (we haven't planted our spring flowers yet, so we decided to live dangerously), haltered the girls, and let everyone have some fresh green stuff. They loved it! Of course, we treated ourselved to beer at the same time!!





Check out the eyes on the goats!! They look evil, don't they? Our cat, Sonja, didn't eat any grass -- she just kept us company! I have seen her eat the horses' sweet feed, though.....

1 comment:

Paint Girl said...

This so reminds me of us here! We bring the horses out to graze and drink a beer! Good times!
The goats do have the evil eye, don't they?