Well, I am the thrilled recipient of my first blog award!! Thanks to Callie at MidWestHorse Blog for passing this on to me. I am not sure if I am going to be able to do everything correctly, so bear with me. I suppose the first order of business is to list 10 things about myself that you don't know. Here goes.
1. I do not know what an Honest Scrap Award is -- as flattered as I am to have it bestowed on me, I don't know what it is or what "Honest Scrap" means or signifies (??), or why someone receives it.
2. I am a nerd at heart. Detail oriented to a fault, and I just love to decipher problems. For example, I work in accounting now, and I am happiest when there is something in the accounts that does not make sense -- I then get to go through all the reports, transactions, etc., and piece everything together to find out what happened and solve the problem. Kind of like being a detective.
3. I have had two people very close to me and important in my life commit suicide.
4. John and I were 30 years old when we met. Neither of us had been married before, and neither had children. I couldn't believe it -- most of the guys I met at that time had been married and/or had children, and I didn't do well in those situations. This was a real plus in my book.
5. I had spent too much of my life being angry, insecure, and just generally negative. Time spent talking to a good counselor, some medication, and a spiritual re-awakening (in the form of faith, looking to God) turned me around. My attitude changed, and as a result my life changed.
6. I love to cook when I have time, or when it is for a social gathering of friends -- I hate to cook when I "have to" like when it is 5:30 and I just got home from work.
7. John is better at the domestic stuff than I am. I would rather spend my time working on promoting our real estate business, or working on something for the horse club we belong to. I consider cleaning house a complete waste of my time. Someday I want to be able to hire that chore out.
8. I love to sing. I wish I had the nerve to go to a karoke night someplace and just belt out a song as loudly as I can. Of course, I would have to go alone to a different city where no one knows me -- then I would bolt for the door as soon as the song was over.....
9. I was in the Honor Society in junior high and high school.
10. I was TERRIFIED of horses when we first started taking riding lessons. Thank God I made that breakthrough and got over it. I cannot imagine my life without my horse.
I know I am supposed to pass this along to 10 other bloggers, but I don't think that is possible. I do not have 10 other blogs I am following, and most of the ones I am following have already done this recently. I am wondering if it is OK if I take a rain check? Then once I identify more blogs that I like enough to follow I can send this along......can the rules be bent like that???