Sunday, September 20, 2009

Last Horse Show of 2009.....

Yesterday we had our last show of the 2009 season for the Midwestern Saddle Club. It was a perfect day, and John and I had been looking forward to helping out at the show and seeing everyone for the last time this season. On Thursday, I came down with a wicked case of bronchitis, and have been pretty sick.
So there has been no riding, and no working at the horse show for me. But we did go to the show for a couple of hours.....I probably shouldn't have, but we really wanted to be a part of it. So here are some photos from the day...





One of our young contestants getting ready to barrel race.







Another racing contestant.....








And another......

The club holds raffles at each event to help riase funds. We always buy some tickets, and we bought these neat hooded sweatshirts...Here I am checking our tickets. We didn't win. Even though I was sick, and we were only there for a short time, it was enjoyable. I think it did me some good to get out a little bit, and it is always good to be around horses!!!











4 comments:

Jeni said...

Ohh No! I hope you feel better soon! I'm glad you had a good time at the show. The weather was perfect for it.

Paint Girl said...

So sorry you came down with bronchitis!! Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad you got to go to the horse show for a bit.

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

Man don't you hate it when being sick brings you to a halt. Glad you got out..sorry you didn't win the raffle.

Callie said...

Yikes, feel better soon, I just got over something like that, took nearly 5 weeks, eeegads! Sad that's it's the last of the season, bringing on another season to prepare for, winter, ugh!