Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Birthday Gift for a Year

My brother and sister-in-law are so thoughtful. For my birthday (in December) they got me a subscription to Horse Illustrated magazine!
Because I got into horses late in life (in my 40's) and did not grow up with them or around them, I am acutely aware that I am pretty clueless when it comes to understanding horses. I understand my mare, Divna, because we have been together for 11 years now. But still, I am aware there is a lot that I can learn which would make me a better horse owner for her.
I've received two issues of the magazine so far, and have really enjoyed them. It came as a real suirprise to find that I am actually doing something right! The article on training your horse to neck rein pretty much describes what I am doing, which made me feel great. There have also been some great articles on fly control, and ground work exercises.
So a big thanks to Terry and Leslie for this wonderful gift, which will last me a year!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Great Gift! Belated Happy Birthday!

Desert Rose said...

You couldn't have asked for a better gift...you will really bennifit from every issue!!!

Terrald H said...

We are glad you like the susbscription! Enjoy!!
Love
T&L