Thursday, March 4, 2010

"I've Won A Major Award"





That was the line from the movie "A Christmas Story" and it seemed appropriate here. My blog-world friend Callie has once again passed an award on to me. It has taken me a while to pick it up and post on it, and I do not want to appear ungrateful -- which I am not. In fact, I am really flattered and pleased. We have had a visitor this week -- our foreign exchange student who was with us in 2001 has been here for a visit. Lydia is from Italy, and she is our first "exchange daughter." We haved another, Marie from Germany. I wish she were here too....


But on to the business at hand. As I said, this award was presented to me from Callie at Midwest Horse Blog http://midwesthorse.blogspot.com/ She has been a great blogger friend. We both live in the Midwest and can relate.


The object is to tell 7 things about myself, and pass the award on to 15 others. I can tell 7 things, but I don't think I know 15 others to send it on to, so I will do my best in that regard.


1. I love a good vodka martini on the rocks with bleu cheese stuffed olives.


2. The shop where I work employs 55 people -- only two of us are women, and I am the only woman working full-time there.


3. The book "Lost in the Shuffle" literally changed my life.


4. I have ridden horses in 4 countries -- Mexico, Italy, Germany and the U.S.


5. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I did not go to college. I was not motivated, neither of my parents pushed it, so I just did not go. My high school counselor was the only one urging me, and that was not enough evidently. The counselor was right......


6. I have started playing guitar again recently. When I was in my 20's I played, and though never great at it, could play a few songs half way decently. My mother had a natural talent for music -- she could hear a song on the radio and then be able to play it on the piano within an hour. She could also play almost any other instrument she picked up. My brother inherited that talent. I did not -- I had to work at it. I fell out of the guitar playing, but recently decided to try it again. My fingers are killing me!! I have to get my callouses back....


7. When I was single I was into bicycling. The farthest I ever rode in one day was 62 miles. I took a vacation (by myself) to Vermont for a bicycling weekend, and it remains one of the best vacations I ever had.


Now, who do I pass this along to????


My good friend, Debby at Webquilts....http://webquilts.blogspot.com/
I am not sure who else??? Will have to get back to everyone later on this one.....


No comments: